January 5, 2018
PUBLIC NOTICE TO BIDDERS
PALM HARBOR PUBLIC LIBRARY
On behalf of the Palm Harbor Community Services Agency, Inc.
2330 Nebraska Avenue
Palm Harbor, Florida 34683
TO: GENERAL CONTRACTORS
Sealed bids will be received by the PALM HARBOR COMMUNITY SERVICES AGENCY, INC., at the Community Room of Palm Harbor Public Library, 2330 Nebraska Avenue, Palm Harbor, Florida 34683, until FRIDAY JANUARY 12th at 4:00 P.M. and will then and there be opened and read aloud for the following minor project:
All Services, Labor, Materials and Equipment required for Minor Interior Renovation of three adjoining rooms into a new Activity Center room, approximately 46 feet long by approximately 8 feet wide within the PALM HARBOR LIBRARY. The maximum available funding for this project is $71,000.00 (seventy-one thousand dollars).
The single-sheet Architectural Drawing is attached to this electronically-issued Invitation to Bid and additional PDFs will be provided upon e-mailed request to the Owner’s Representative, Jonathan R. Toppe at email@example.com or by telephone to Toppe Consultants, Inc. at (727) 823-1220. Mechanical-electrical plans will be issued under separate cover for separate pricing by the selected contractor. Mechanical-electrical work is included in the $71,000.00 budget. The general scope of the project includes but is not limited to:
• Remove two existing GWB divider walls and approximately 54-foot length of the enclosing GWB partition at the Adult Reading Room.
• Remove existing suspended acoustical ceiling, light fixtures, HVAC diffusers and ducts.
• Provide new standard aluminum storefront wall with clear tempered glass above and tempered frosted glass below 4’-0” horizontal mullion and new pair of doors to replace existing enclosing GWB partition.
• Provide new suspended acoustical ceiling to match type and finish of existing adjacent.
• Raise existing fire sprinkler heads to new ceiling height. Sprinkler subcontractor shall provide signed/sealed plan and permit.
Minor electrical-mechanical work to be bid separately by the selected bidder includes:
• Relocate/adjust supply and return ducts above raised acoustical ceiling.
• Install new suspended lighting fixtures similar to existing.
• Relocate light switches.
Site visits are required and may be arranged by contacting Gene Coppola, Director of the Palm Harbor Library via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (727) 784-3332, ext. 3001.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES REQUIRING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROCEEDING/EVENT SHOULD CALL 727-784-3332 (voice/TDD) NOT LATER THAN SEVEN DAYS PRIOR TO THE PROCEEDING.
The Palm Harbor Library reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive formalities, to negotiate with the apparent low bidder(s) and to award the contract in the best interest of Library on behalf of The Palm Harbor Community Services Agency, Inc.