Palm Harbor Library has an exceptional volunteer program for working people, retired individuals, college students, and high school teens (age 14+). Over the years several hundred community members have donated two to four hours per week. Volunteer recruitment is year-round.
Getting started is easy. Pick up a volunteer application at our Info Desk or click the link below. Completed volunteer applications can be dropped off at our front desk or emailed to Doris@phlib.org . If you have any questions about volunteering, please email the Volunteer Coordinator at Doris@phlib.org or call 727-784-3332, prompt 4 (Volunteers).
Volunteer Opportunities for Adults
- Checking in materials.
- Shelving books, movies, tapes, CD Music, CD books, etc.
- Bookstore cashiers.
- Sorting, pricing, and stocking the items that have been donated for resale in our bookstore.
- Shelf reading to ensure our collections are in the correct location.
- Teaching English to adult English language learners. Training provided to become a literacy tutor. To find out more on how to volunteer, click here.
Volunteer Opportunities for Teens
- In-person volunteering assisting librarians with youth programs.
- Shelving books/materials.
- Shelf-reading to ensure our collections are in the correction location.
- Youth Advisory Board (YAB) – Hybrid Program (virtual/in-person). Contribute to Advisory Board discussions; 1-hour meeting = 1 hour of credit. Fulfills requirements for Bright Futures, National Honor Society, etc.