The Palm Harbor Library has had over 325 volunteers who donate 2-4 hours per week each. We have volunteer opportunities for high school students (at least 14 years of age) and adults.
Volunteer Opportunities for Adults
- Checking materials in.
- Shelving books, movies, tapes, CD Music, CD books, etc.
- Bookstore cashiers.
- Sorting, pricing, and stocking the items that have been donated for resale in our bookstore.
- Shelf reading to ensure our collections are in the correct location.
- Teaching English to adult English language learners. Training provided to become a literacy tutor. To find out more on how to volunteer, click here
Volunteer Opportunities for Teens
- In-person volunteering assisting librarians with youth programs
- Shelving books/materials
- Shelf-reading to ensure our collections are in the correction location
- Youth Advisory Board (YAB) – Hybrid Program (virtual/in-person). Contribute to Advisory Board discussions; 1-hour meeting = 1 hour of credit. Fulfills requirements for Bright Futures, National Honor Society, etc.
If you are interested in volunteering at the library, please contact Doris Fewer at (727) 784-3332 and ask for Volunteer Services, or email her at email@example.com.